12 Oktober 2007

The Trip to Down Under


4.30 am in the morning, a noisy cackeling and chit-chatting outside – these birds are colouful parrots, so enchanting to watch that I forgive them their noisy breakfast chatter. I must be in Australia again!

34 hours after I left Munich, I arrived in Brisbane, having flown though San Francisco and Sydney on the way. Unfortunately, my suitcase didnt make it, and I already got some spare stuff so I can at least run and fly the comp, because the Canungra Cup starts tomorrow already!
Neil Petersen picked me up in Brisbane and today we will head out to one of my favourite flying places. I will stay in Beechmont with the Durands who invited me – or should I say, who adopted me? Jonny Jnr and his father are the local flying legends, and Jonnys Mum Judy cooks the best vegetarian food I ever had during a comp! I really feel at home in this wonderful place that Attila once introduced me to as „Canungra, centre of the Universe!“

Vicki sent a new Litespeed 3.5 s up for me, and I hope I can testfly it today. Looks like a westerly, so we might take off from Mt Tamborine. I bet Attila, the reigning world champion, will be back to compete as well as Steve Moyes and Rick Duncan, which, including me, makes it four world champions in that comp! Not bad.

Time to leave and find an open hot spot, so I can post the latest news for you!

Um 4.30 heute morgen ging lautes Geschnatter draußen los, lauter bunte Papageien machten hier im Garten ihr Frühstück- das war so schön anzusehen, daß ich ihnen ihr Gekrächze verziehen habe. Ich muß wohl wieder in Australien sein!

34 STunden nachdem ich in München gestartet bin, kam ich über San Francisco und Sydney endlich in Queensland an, allerdings ohne meinen Koffer. Ich hoffe, er wird bald nachgeliefert, denn morgen fängt schon der Canungra Cup an, und ich wollte eigentlich nicht in K-Mart-Klamotten durch die Gegend fliegen...
Neil Petersen hat mich gestern totmüde am Flughafen eingesammelt und gleich fahren wir los nach Canungra, das Attila mir als „Centre of the Universe“ vorgestellt hat. Ich darf wieder bei den Durands übernachten, in ihrem wunderschönen Haus in Beechmont. Jonny und sein Vater sind wahre Fluglegenden hier in Australien, und meine „Gastmutter“ Judy kocht das beste vegetarische Essen, das ich mir wünschen könnte.

Vicki hat aus Sydney einen neuen Litespeed 3.5 s für mich hergeschickt, ich hoffe, ich kann ihn gleich testfliegen, wahrscheinlich von Mt Tamborine aus, denn wir haben heute Westwind. Der amtierende Weltmeister Attila wird hier mitfiegen, ebenso Steve Moyes und Rick Duncan, das macht inclusiver mir vier Weltmeister in einem Wettbewerb. Rekordverdächtig!

Jetzt muß ich nur noch internet finden...

Keine Kommentare: