02 April 2011

Lucky Day in Miami, Timezone GMT -4

I was really lucky last week when I had a short stay in Miami - the weather was beautiful, on the photo you see the view from the balcony when we arrived at the hotel in the evening. No clouds! After the flight back, our captain was going to fly straight to Orlando, as he wanted to see the "Sun & Fun" festival at Lakeland, after Oshkosh the second biggest aeronautic meeting in the States.
I hope he did not get into the big storm - apparently a tornado ploughed through the planes and left wing carnage behind. Heavy rainfall and strong wind - difficult to imagine such a change just two days after we left... hope the weather improves again befrore the Flytec Race & Rallye starts in early May.

By the way, sand castles in Mexico look different - I took this photo on the beach of Akumal, just north of Tulum. A great little model of the great Maya pyramids! I wish I could have stayed there long enough to see the equinox at Chichen Itza, the descent of Kukulkan on March 21st.

Keine Kommentare: