19 Oktober 2012

Moyes RX 3 and RX 3,5 passed DHV pitch test!

I just talked to Wolfi from Skyline and he told me that he and Gerolf successfully brought the Moyes RX 3 and RX 3,5 through the DHV pitch test drive today! The weather was perfect and it did not take Christof Kratzner long to get the data needed to allow this racing machine to now officially be able to compete at the World Championships in Forbes! Next week they plan to do the same with the RX 4 for bigger pilots. Christof is going to testfly the gliders tomorrow.
Wolfi is positive that the paperwork will be done by the end of next week, so the "DHV Gütesiegel" will verify that the glider is tested, safe and legal to fly. Finally - I have waited for this moment for so long! For testflights, please contact Wolfi (Skyline) or Fredy Bircher or your local Moyes dealer!
The glider is so easy and nice for towing, I am really happy that I will be able to compete with the small, beautiful wing in Forbes now. Australia can be even harsher than Texas, and if a dust devil ripped Felix Baumgartner´s balloon apart, everybody can imagine what these little whirl winds do with us hangies when we are on tow... I felt safer than ever before, it was really the first time I actually enjoyed the towing ;)

4 Kommentare:

Davis Straub hat gesagt…

The balloon was made from extremely light material.

corinnaflies hat gesagt…

I know, mate - so am I ;)

Jürgen Karpf hat gesagt…

Hallo Corinna,
danke für die Info. Weißt Du, ob auch ein RX 5 (für die noch schwereren Piloten - ähnlich dem S5) geplant ist? Oder sollte ich besser Wolfi oder direkt bei Vicki anfragen?

Danke.

Jürgen
Jürgen Karpf

mike hat gesagt…

I'm new to the sport and I'm glad to see there is someone else who is not overjoyed about towing.